Job title 3D Modeling Furniture Designer Team Leader
Department Content Date: 8 Feb, 2023
Summary of job role and place in organization
3D Modeling Furniture Designer Team Leader is responsible for creating realistic and aesthetic product models and renders guided by the standard from Design Quality Team (Tone of Voice guideline, market trend and visual identity) and meanwhile lead the team constructively.
To do so, he/she shall make models and renders that meet high quality standards, realistic details, texture, color and lighting, coach on how to create the best quality furniture models using best practice (process, technical set up, final quality).
This position reports to Design Operation Manager.
· Create the 3D models/renders that both meet high quality standards, realistic details, texture, color and lighting, while still keeping the polygon count low incl:
Ø 3D modeling, WBG rendering, mood image rendering, Model storage
· Manage the 3D Modeling Furniture Designers to create 3D models/renders, track daily product progress and speed up backlog task/arrange overtime work if needed, check and approve 3D model quality from team member
· Support and nurture the Team member through coaching on style/technique and daily workflow
Ø Comprehend the styling sheet with demo/explanation and support its team with Guideline regard European Tone of voice/interior styles inspiring to customers
Ø Troubleshoot and solve technical issues related to lighting and rendering, including optimizing rendering times and improve quality.
Ø Lead daily training in the team to smooth workflow and avoid basic mistakes
· Support the Design Operation Manager on daily workload and workforce management
· Support on exploring on new design operation relevant innovations/tools following marketing trend
Ø Design software/system Upgrading (e.g: Rendering Time)
Competences (knowledge, skills, and working experience)
· Knowledge about lighting principles, color theory, and composition.
· Knowledge about interior style/trends
· Knowledge about European TOV is a plus
· Ability to proficiently operate software incl. Microsoft Office, 3ds max, Photoshop, V-ray, MD (optional) etc.
· Team management
Ø Ability to maximum output via efficient team cooperation
Ø Ability to enhance team competence via technical support and daily training
· Plan and organizing
Ø Able to plan and organize, and follow through on plans, both high level plans and daily work
Ø Ability to work under tight deadlines.
· Communication skills
Ø Ability to communicate in oral or written English
Ø Ability to coach the designer regarding style/techniques and workflow
Ø Ability to Instill fresh thoughts on design/process
Ø Ability to facilitate them in daily work to optimize output
· Detail focused
Ø Ability to catch details in relation with image creation and improvement
Ø Ability to specify the general standard and requirement into detail arrangement, such as implement unique selling point in the 3d models or renders
· At least 2-year experience in the field