Reporting to (position)
Reporting to (position)
Main Duties & Responsibilities of AFR engineer.
- Plan, organize and execute AFR operations at plant and all related activities like received sample testing, rejection unloading, storage, pre-processing and co-processing of waste materials to be used as substitutes for fossil fuels and natural raw materials ensuring safety, regulatory compliance, requirements of production.
- Maintaining stock balance of incoming AFR and consumption including physical verification of AFR stocks.
- Allocate & guide shift manpower for related job during shift operation.
- Preparation of daily AFR consumption report and TSR calculation.
- Monitoring of process parameters / quality parameters & operating the plant accordingly with optimum consumption of AFR.
- Preparation of fuel mix for AFR maximisation, maintaining desired clinker production.
- Ensure safety during transportation, storage, testing and pre-processing of hazardous wastes.
- Coordinate with all concerned persons to implement actions based on test results for smooth feeding of AFR.
- Take preventive and corrective measures to minimize and adverse impact on process, product quality, emissions and health of people due to AFR operations at plant.
- To check all vendors comply with safety norms.
- Develop SOPs, preventive measures, checks and required trial run permissions.
- To coordinate with commercial department for procurement/arrangement of AFR as per Contracts/Agreement.
- Timely information of problems to concerns & taking corrective & preventive actions.
- Assisting in implementation of modification, alterations deployed in AFR circuit for plant performance improvement.
- Identify abnormalities, Spillages, leakages & take pro-active actions for rectification of the same.
- Identify unsafe conditions & practices & reporting of the same.
- Monitor working of pollution control equipment’s.
- Creating awareness in team members.
The AFR engineer specific duties will include the following:
- Minimum 5-10 years of working experience and completion of any approved technical training program/ Graduate/ diploma (in chemical) and three years of relevant experience should include working in DCS and handling other rotating machinery and static equipment in a cement plant .
- Willingness to provide coverage during off-duty hours and weekends as required.