- Responsible for NVH, structural and Durability simulations of electric machines & Inverters for Battery Electric Vehicle applications
- Build FE models for electric motors & Inverters based on the type of simulation
- Familiar with linear static, frequency response analysis, Random response analysis and shock analysis.
- Work with electrical design engineer to finalize electro-magnetic design (trade off between mechanical & electrical design considering all parameters)
- Work with power electronics design engineer to finalize PCB design & requirements
- Work with CAD designers to develop prints for all mechanical parts
- Build, test and evaluate electric machine prototypes
- Strong knowledge in Finite element method, structural vibrations & solid mechanics
- Hands on experience in ANSYS Mechanical, Abacus, Altair Hyperworks, Optistruct, Simlab etc.
- First time right simulation approach & good correlation with experimental results
- Expertise in quick turn-around of multiple DoE’s for structural optimisations.
- Education & Experience
- ME/M.Tech in Mechanical systems Design/ Applied Mechanics from leading Institute/college
- 4+ years of proven experience in IC Engine/electric machines FEA simulations.
- 3-D FEA tools like ANSYS Mechanical, Altair Hyperworks etc
- solvers like Ansys, optistruct, Nastran and Abaqus