We are seeking an experienced Construction Risk Analyst to join our boutique construction audit consulting firm. The Construction Auditor will be responsible for validating cost documentation compared to contractual costs allowed on various construction audit assignments for the firm. This is an analyst level role that will report to a Fort Hill Construction Manager. The individual will utilize quantitative analysis to assess a contractor’s cost compliance with contract terms on the project in question. The quantitative analysis will focus on labor costs, Subcontractor costs, insurance costs, change order costs, and other areas of ‘leakage’. The individual will be working on multiple construction audit projects at the same time, so the ability to effectively prioritize assignments is essential.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelors degree (B. Tech. B. Com minimum), M. Tech, M. Com or MBA (Preferred), CA is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience (finance/accounting/audit); applied in the construction industry is a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, and Data Visualization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a hybrid working environment
- Ability to support Eastern Time Zone calls and working hours
- Attention to accuracy and detail required
- Able to utilize Excel to assist in evaluation of data
- Utilize a risk-based approach to independently evaluate, plan, perform, summarize and communicate assigned risk assessments and audit activities
- Analyze cost data and be able to concisely and accurately state conclusions reached from quantitative analysis
- Able to understand a construction contract to assist in validation of allowable costs
- Prepare summary charts of analytical data
- Provide analytical and project support and communicate findings to senior management
- Prepare work papers for supervisor review
- Able to utilize data analysis techniques to evaluate and monitor financial and operational risks.
- Prepare and provide written and oral reports to Fort Hill leadership.
- Able to utilize analytical skills/critical thinking to process information and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems
Characteristics of a Successful Candidate:
- Able to work as a team member to independently evaluate, plan, perform, summarize data while grasping the overall audit program
- Have analytical skills/critical thinking to process information and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- High sense of urgency and ability to prioritize
- Ability to perform tasks with limited oversight
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self-awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Highly ethical and ability to work ethically with other departments without compromising
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Able to work in a hybrid working environment
If you are a proactive self-starter with exceptional problem-solving skills and a proven track record of success, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity....