Position Title : Application support specialist
Experience : 5-10 years (flexible incase of maritime experience or sailing background)
- A bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, information technology, information systems, computer engineering, Marine engineering or similar.
- High level of fluency in English, spoken and written
- SQL data analyst
- Knowledge of applications like Compas, ShipNet, ShipPalm, EyeShare, Shipserv applications (preferably from application support perspective. Experience as End user is OK too)
- Stakeholder management and service delivery experience is mandatory
- Demonstrable experience in application support/product ownership in a maritime field.
- Ability to manage iterative releases, document configuration changes, and monitor performance.
- Exceptional ability to provide first line support to internal departments
- Analytical and problem-solving skills/ proficiency in determining the causes of application errors.
- Exceptional communication skills, company is an international business.
- Providing software application support within the business solutions department.
- Monitoring incoming support requests
- Raise support issues with Vendor
- Active participation in vendor support meetings
- Manage delivery of solutions to the business.
- Performing analyses on software application functionality and suggesting improvements to meet business needs.
- Consulting with the application vendors, vessel, and internal users to improve fitness for business needs.
- Establishing the root causes of application errors, and escalating support cases to Vendors.
- New version application testing
- Keeping a record of functional and configuration changes; and scheduling application updates.
- Documenting and updating processes and monitoring application performance metrics.
- working with business users on projects related to application
- Document and manage a change request process with vendors, and report progress to business
- Managing coordination at a local and international level where required