As a key member of the IT team, the technical leader is responsible for business team support to understand the business and provide technical feasibility and effort estimation, provide proactive feedback to help business team to make better decision. Lead the developers to do software architecture design/review, do coding and code review to make sure the platform is always with high quality insight. Do live support to support daily business operation, support and take part in the troubleshooting and bug fixing.
- Business understanding and support: Proactive to understand the business deeply, make sure before any platform architecture design, the business which the platform is going to support, is totally understood. Provide technical feasibility and effort estimation. Provide proactive feedback to help business team to make better decision
- Architecture design: Following the architecture designed by the architect, work with the technical team to do the specific implementation architecture design, discuss with the architect and the team to adjust the architecture if needed.
- Documentation: Make sure the architecture design is well documented and the documents are well structured with diagrams and detail explanations and always up to date.
- Development: Do hands-on development work to implement the core parts, including framework, core modules/components and samples.
- Design/Code review: Organize and lead the design/code review activities to make sure the software is always with high quality insight.
- Technology Coaching: Coach the developers, support team, QA team, and make sure they understand the architecture and implementation, recommend proper tools and best practices to the team to improve the quality and efficiency, provide proactive help/support to the team once there is any.
- Problem analyzing and solving: Take part in the troubleshooting, from software to hosting to address the issue and root cause, provide workaround and permanent solutions.
- New technology adapting: Keep communicating with the architect to follow the group’s technology directions, introduce new technologies, keep researching/learning/practicing new technologies, work with the architect to select the ones which can benefit the team and apply them to the products/projects.
- Leadership and sprint facilitating: Work with scrum master and the team to facilitate the process of the sprints.
- Others: Other missions given by the BU, e.g. innovation projects.