Job Purpose: Maintaining positive vendor relations, preparing retail and pricing strategies, placing and tracking purchase orders, managing inventory, and keeping track of market trends
Required Education Level: MBA preferred. Graduate with proven performance and requisite experience can be considered.
Required abilities, skills, and knowledge: Good Analytical skills, knowledge of retail, experience in buying and category management, brand and relationship management experience
Key Responsibilities & Key Performance Indicators-
- Responsible for the category for all the stores across India
- Responsible for the selection of the right product mix.
- Writing, placing, and tracking purchase orders.
- Negotiating with vendors and building positive, long-term relationships.
- Researching new suppliers and making recommendations.
- Preparing competitive retail and pricing strategies.
- Planning, monitoring, and maintaining suitable inventory levels.
- Assist in preparing budgets and forecasting purchasing trends.
- Compiling reports on product performance and statistics.
- Coordinating between Shop floor teams, Warehouse, and Replenishment team
- Nurture brand relationships and manage day-to-day communication with brands/suppliers. Accompany them where appropriate on store visits
- Provide detailed category analysis to assist in deriving insight on the category and competitors- analysis of the market, the consumer & competitors.
- Creation and commentary of weekly and monthly category reports
- Assist in managing monthly promotion claims with brands/suppliers. Coordinate with the finance department to raise debit notes and follow up on payments of the same.