What You'll Do
- Lead a team of engineers, inspiring and motivating your team to do their best work. As we continue building our Platform, this will include regularly jumping in to help with coding and design.
- Bring your technical expertise to the evolution of Highspot’s software; ensure that our architecture and stack are optimized to keep pace with the demands of hyper-growth; position your product area (and support adjacent product areas) for continued high-availability and reliability across multiple worldwide data centers
- Consistently deliver a product that maximizes product quality, security, and reliability, including partnering with the DevOps team to build and maintain highly observable systems with excellent metrics and actionable alerts
- Collaborate with key partners in your product area, including Designers, Product Managers, and TPMs. Ensure decisions are communicated effectively within and outside of your team with all stakeholders
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of the engineers on your team. Enforce accountability through relevant, and objective performance targets and timely feedback and coaching
- Uphold and build upon Highspot’s culture, ensuring that Engineering is a welcoming, inclusive place and that we not only meet our DE&I goals but lead Seattle’s tech industry with our commitment to diversity
- At least 3+ years experience managing software engineering teams.
- Hands-on experience developing and scaling cloud-native applications and frameworks
- Interest in attracting and retaining engineering talent from diverse backgrounds
- Proven success as a partner and collaborator who prioritizes the success of the team over individual aspirations
- Experience with greenfield development and successfully taking a new product from conception to launch
- Understanding of the SDLC for SaaS applications and previous experience designing and building software products at scale
- Experience building and maintaining 1st and 3rd party integrations