Responsibilities will include but will not be restricted to:
- Defines architecture and roadmap for the organization to be on cloud
- Prepare technical direction and roadmap for cloud migrations and managing the implementation and technical solutions.
- Create systems and/or assist in large scale migrations to the cloud without impact, data loss and minimal downtime
- Offer guidance in infrastructure movement techniques including bulk application transfers into the cloud.
- Create baseline cloud architecture for infra and applications and create tooling/systems for development team to be productive without having to worry about the end deployment state.
- Evaluate cloud best practices, reference architectures, techniques and softwares
- Identify the top cloud architecture solutions to successfully meet the strategic needs of the company.
- Define, Measure, and improve Reliability Metrics, Observability (Monitoring, Logging-Tracing solutions), Ops process (Incident, Problem Management) and streamline – automate release management.
- Partner professionally with business groups and resources across organizations to achieve goals and objectives.
- Creating and maintaining relevant documentation as and when required.
- Provide technical mentorship and direction to multiple software development teams on projects with a high level of complexity.
- Ensuring that cloud cost and usage are monitored regularly and required interventions are actioned on.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology, or relevant field.
- Master’s or relevant Licensing or certifications will be preferred.
- 18 years or more experience with systems engineering/systems architecture, including Services Oriented Architectures
- In-depth knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) including system architecture, system design, and/or system implementation.
- Strong understanding of cloud infrastructure components, including virtual machines, storage, network, and security services.
- Experience in designing and implementing data storage and management solutions in the cloud, including relational databases, NoSQL databases, and data lakes.
- Experience in migrating applications and data from on premises environments to the cloud and should be able to design and implement migration strategies.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and a demonstrated history of high-level technical expertise.
- Up to date knowledge of current computing trends.