Job Description: For CommVault and netbackupp
As a member of the CommVault support group, you will provide CV Admin support for production systems with a high degree of customer service, technical expertise, and timeliness of delivery. You will work on providing support external customer facing Mission Critical and Business Critical Servers. Good knowledge of CommVault all skills are needed.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:CommVault (Primary)
· Installation, Configuration and Upgrade and Commvault V9.0x,V10sp15 & V11sp13.
· Excellent Skills in Migration/Implementation/Maintaining Commvault &NetBackup.
· Experience in Catalog DB recovery from Backups.
· Configuration of DR Backup, planning and testing the DR environment periodically
· Configuring & Managing Commvault Media Agents.
· Configuration of alerts, notifications and reports including metrics reports and web
console reports. Preparing Daily, Monthly backup reports and also providing the enhanced reports to the customer as requested.
· Configuration of Aux copy, storage policies, schedule policies and sub clients depend
· Index cache configuration for the media agents (network share or Local drive)
· Addition of Media Server, partitioning of tape libraries for master/media servers
setting up of SAN.
· Configuring & Managing Auxiliary copy backups from Magnetic Libraries to Tape.
· DDB activities like DDB sealing, DDB Reconstruction and DDB Verification.
· User and user group Administration and Management.
· Experience on exclude lists, Filters and Global Filters.
· Disk Library and Tape library configurations, Maintenance and Operations
· Troubleshooting various backup and restore issues. categorizing them to make sure a long and repeated failures are addressed as
· Configure and Maintain backup operations for Virtual systems such as VMware
and Hyper-V with various transport modes.
· Configuration of new clients for Normal backups as well for Database clients like
Oracle, SQL, SAP DB etc. With multiple OS support like Windows, Linux etc.
· Expertise in restore of SQL, Oracle, SAP, Exchange Databases.
JD for Netbackup:- (Secondary)
As a member of the NBU support group, you will provide NBU Admin support for production systems with a high degree of customer service, technical expertise, and timeliness of delivery. You will work on providing support external customer facing Mission Critical and Business Critical Servers. Good knowledge of Veritas NBU all skills are needed.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills: Netbackup
- Provide end to end backup support using VERITAS NetBackup 6.x and 7.x, 8.x configured on Windows and Unix Platform.
- Maintain Patch installation. Installation and distribution of client software.
- Veritas NBU upgrade of master servers.
- Planning and configuration of backup policies for OS file system and application-level backups (MS-SQL, Oracle, VMware, MS-Exchange, NDMP).
- Understanding of operating systems, servers, and enterprise applications, as well as their compatibility with storage architecture, business goals, and technology strategies.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot failed jobs, devices and media by interpreting status codes.
- Administration of Policies, STU, Catalog, Device and Media.
- Configuration of SLP’s for duplication or replication.
- Management, administration and configuration of virtual and physical tape storage devices and disk storage devices.
- Restoration based on requests from clients in both Windows/Unix platforms.
- Ensure of 100% Successful scheduled/unscheduled Backups as per backup plan.
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting of Missed/Failed backups daily.
- Engaging Vendor and Coordination with respective teams for related issues.
- Troubleshooting of Backup servers/clients and performance related issues.
- P2V migrations using BMR implemented.
- Coordinate hardware-related fixes and upgrades. Assist in vendor coordination.
- Create Weekly/Monthly trend for backup failures and troubleshoot on top polluting backup failures.
- Technical/Process documentation and reporting.
- Library Management: Check in, check out, Maintaining scratch volumes, tape.
- Importing Media and extending backup images.
- Cleaning the tape drives at regular intervals.
- Freeze and Unfreezing of the media based on the requirement.
- Catalog Backups and importing Images.
- Knowledge in De-duplication and NDMP.
Additional Knowledge required
A minimum of 12 to 16 years of expertise in design, build, troubleshooting and diagnostic techniques with production operational support experience
Must be familiar with on Unix/Windows OS platforms and scripting
Good communication skills
Should be good team player and demonstrates adaptability and flexibility
Ready to work on 24*7 Production Support