- Analysing and investigating alerts generated against Sanction Screening lists and related watchlists originated from SWIFT messages according to global sanctions screening policy and guidelines.
- Conduct alert investigation using global standard policies, procedures and tools aimed at meeting internal and external regulatory requirements. As a result of the investigation, report unusual client activities that might be related to sanctions, money laundering or terrorist financing.
- Conducting searches, gathering data and recording evidence from internal systems, the internet, commercial databases and inquiry with business or Compliance contacts within the organization.
- Ensure that all alert analysis and investigations are performed within timeframe provided in the policy and stipulated in the SLA’s with the different stakeholders.
- Monitoring adherence to the Sanctions Policy and relevant procedures; staying current on key Sanctions regulatory changes, key enforcement actions and related industry trends.
- Interacting with relevant teams to raise awareness of Sanctions trends, emerging issues, remedial actions or enhancements to the program.
- Making recommendations to the design and maintenance of a comprehensive written Operations Sanctions Framework (procedures and policies).
- Identify opportunities for the reduction of false positives via whitelisting
- Manage the mailbox and respond to any urgent requests.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills
- 2 – 4 years of banking experience, preferably in AML, OFAC, Sanctions Screening or related field.
- 2 years minimum experience in reviewing SWIFT Sanctions Screening workflows and alerts.
- Strong Knowledge of AML, Counter terrorist financing, Sanctions, Embargoes, Global Watchlists and related typologies
- Strong Knowledge and in-depth knowledge of SWIFT message types
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and with people at all levels of the organization
- Effective planning, organisational and time management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, Law, or other appropriate discipline
- Professional Compliance Qualification - desirable.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Outlook Excel, Word, PowerPoint)