- Enforces and verifies compliance with Ryan’s Database standards.
- Manages Ryan database systems and platforms to keep them highly available, secure, high-performing business systems.
- Well versed with database backup and recovery software and strategies, with the ability to perform backups, recoveries, and maintenance utilizing native or LiteSpeed technologies based on the requirements of the affected platform.
- Supports both 3rd party tools and internally developed tools by providing appropriate setup, support, permissions while ensuring Ryan Security Policies are followed.
- Monitor performance of key performance indicators, storage allocation, management and performance across SQL Server Platforms.
- Supports and maintains disaster-recovery for database systems.
- Assists in the maintenance and improvement of PowerShell scripts, SQL Server jobs and Scheduled tasks to maintain and improve the ongoing performance and reliability of the SQL Server platform.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Support database reporting using reporting tools such as Telerik Reporting, SSRS, Crystal Reports, or newly acquired technologies.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Management Information Systems is preferred.
- Experience in translating business need into technical requirements is preferred.
- At least 3- 5 years of extensive working experience of management of SQL Server database systems, version 2012 or above is required.
- Database related scripting knowledge in PowerShell is required.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have intermediate skills in Microsoft® Word, Access, Excel, Outlook, and Internet navigation and research.
- Extensive administration experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2016 is required.
- Knowledge of T-SQL and troubleshooting performance with execution plans is required.
- Extensive experience with database backup, recovery, administration and end user support is required.
- Data replication, log shipping and AlwaysOn knowledge is highly desired.
- Administration experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Reporting Services and related technologies is preferred.