We are currently seeking a professional to join in the role of Deputy Manager - International Financial Institution Group (IFIG) based out of Client Location (Bank) in Colombo, Sri Lanka Representative Office.
Area of Responsibilities
- Establish, manage and promote cordial relationships with Sri Lanka based banks.
- Attend to client queries & requests and provide resolution if required by them post discussing with Bank’s central office in Mumbai, India.
- Provide feedback of local market to teams in India and timely updates on any kind of developments regarding the financial environment of Sri Lanka.
- Track news / development on foreign banks regularly and flag off adverse developments.
- Liaise with the Central Bank of Sri Lanka and keep them updated about the activities of Bank in Sri Lanka.
- Manage the business, financial and other affairs of the Representative Office in Colombo, Sri Lanka in accordance with the applicable laws in Sri Lanka and in accordance with the policies of the Bank as applicable from time to time
- Coordinate with the Regulators and submit required data to the regulators on timely basis
- Assess the applicability of any new regulations
- Monitor the activities of Rep Offices and to check whether the same is being conducted in line with the licensing requirements
- Review the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)/Process Approval Committee (PAC)note and make necessary changes in line with latest licensing requirements and regulations
- Handle smooth functioning of the RO with respect to daily operations including infrastructure, administrative processes, human resources, timely filing of statutory/ regulatory returns
- Preparing and submitting financial statements, periodic MIS, returns/reports to the Corporate Office (CO), applicable returns to regulatory authorities- RoC, Inland Revenue Department, CBSL etc.
No. of Years
Area of work
Banking and Financial Services
Corporate Banking, Trade Services
Sound knowledge of Financial Institutions Credit and CDD procedures.
Sound knowledge of FI products including Trade Finance, Capital Markets, Lending, Transaction Banking and Financial Markets
- should be self-motivated and a self-starter
Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
Uphold and propagate the DNA competencies of the Bank
Impeccable attention to detail, with good judgment and integrity.
Demonstrated record of success in relationship management, planning and coordination, use of computing tools.
Proven ability of managing several projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment and working well individually and in a team environment.
Desire to excel and contribute to the growth and development of the bank.