- Responsible for DFMEA, PFMEA, DVP & R for mechanical design of motor components
- Detail mechanical design of traction motor and develop outline design of complete drive system.
- Design calculation, FEM simulation and structural strength calculations of motor components e.g shaft, housing, bearings, end covers etc.
- Review FEA analysis, flow/thermal simulation reports & optimize the mechanical design
- Designing products taking into account the project requirements, performances, manufacturability, serviceability, testability, different norms and standards.
- Prepare technical specification for traction motor as per customer requirement clauses and submit the design specification to customer and implement feedbacks in the design.
- 3D CAD modelling, 2D drafting activities, Stack-up analysis, apply GD&T techniques
- Define Traction motor interfaces with gear box, controller, motor duct connections as per space volume, weight, location requirement in the vehicle.
- Integration of electro-mechanical parts i.e copper coils, terminal box, cable glands, sensor parts inside the motor.
- Complete BOM preparation including the material selections, manufacturing consumables, specify assembly processes.
- Closely work with supply chain team to select the vendors for motor components and streamline with manufacturing team.
- In-depth knowledge of motor components, design, proto and assembly process
- Product Design Skills is must for this role
- Proficiency in 3D modelling in CREO software
- Strong knowledge in GD&T
- Knowledge of Windchill PDM link
- 2-D & 3-D CAD software, CREO, CATIA