No. of Positions - 1
Experience Level – 12 to 16 years
Location – Gurugram
Skills – Data analysis, MS Office, Machine Learning, Data Science, Python, Algorithms
Director- Data Analysis and Operations Research (OR)
Objectives and Responsibilities-
Director - Data Analysis & Operations Research (OR) is responsible for the creation of new data sciences capabilities for the business by envisioning and executing strategies that will influence improvement of the business’s performance by enabling informed decision making.
The person is expected to design and maintain data systems, databases using statistical tools to interpret data, prepare reports that can communicate trends, patterns and predictions based on data, as well conduct flight Ops data research and analytics as required. Focus on designing and constructing new processes for data modelling and productions. To work with pilot/customer centric algorithm models and be able to shape them to each vertical/business. Extract actionable insights from large databases, help translate data into visualizations, metrics and goals and have a proactive approach.
To lead the development of big data capabilities and utilization as well as the coordination of cross-functional analytic initiatives.
Will also be responsible for overseeing activities of the data science team ensuring proper execution of duties and alignment with the business’s overall vision.
Leadership/Supervisory Role: The role of the Director Data Science and Analytsis is heading the data science department and leading the data analytics and warehousing vertical, overseeing all activities and ensuring alignment with the business’s vision and objectives. In this capacity, the person will
- organize and assemble the man-power, technology, processes, and financial resources necessary to address the current and future analytics needs of the business.
- understand that information and data are key business asset and operationalize the application of data and information in order to deliver optimal performance.
- provide thought leadership and act as a subject matter expert in the designing and recommending of appropriate analytical approaches and methodology in addressing key issues within the business.
- lead the data analytics in research, development, and implementation of appropriate data systems that lead to improved business performance and achievement of overall business goals.
- drive departmental culture and promoting data-driven decision-making, consumer-driven analytics, marketing, and investment planning across the business.
- participate in various committees’ meetings as necessary to influence data capabilities and competencies within the business.
- initiate data science programs across the department not only with a view of improving departmental performance but also with a focus on revenue growth and achievement of the business’ overall targets and objectives.
- personally work on challenging fundamental data science issues where necessary, realize, and develop solutions independently.
- be accountable for the project portfolio within the data science and analytics vertical.
- build an independent in-house Ops Research capability to deep drill into understanding the Business Dynamics, building data models and help act on derived actionables
- communicate the findings to key stakeholders through reports and presentations with whom the necessary changes need to be made.
- partner with senior business executives and key stakeholders in creating the data science roadmap tailored to constantly aid data governance across the business and improve the overall business performance.
- partner with other non-technical departments within the business assisting them in understanding how data science can benefit them and improve their effectiveness and performance.
- work closely with the Digital & IT department within the business for the purpose of facilitating easy and effective access to computing and data resources within the business.
- take initiative and stay up to date with the latest data science trends, techniques, and best practices, determining how to incorporate the most suitable practices in the department.
- perform similar duties as seen a suitable fit for the execution of the duties and duties as delegated by the Chief Pilot Corporate, Policies and Projects/ SVP Flight Ops.
Required Qualifications of the Director Data Science and Analytics
- Bachelor/Master’s degree or equivalent in Statistics, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or any other related quantitative field. An equivalent of the same in working experience is also acceptable for the position.
- The candidate for this position will have had at least 12+ years of working experience in a data science capacity, preferably working as a Data Scientist/Analyst.
- To have a successful experience leading a data analysis/science team through the implementation of new data science models, tools, and techniques that lead to improvement of business performance due to a continued culture of informed decision-making
- The candidate to also have extensive experience solving analytical issues through quantitative approaches and machine learning methods as well as vast experience using advanced statistical methods, data mining techniques, and information retrieval. A suitable candidate will show comfort analyzing and manipulating large, complex, high-dimensional data from numerous sources.
- possess vast experience with programming languages, for example, Python.
- Effective Communication skills are a must have as the clarity of instruction and information is required to passed down the line to the data science personnel in the team and also in order to be able to tailor and convey technical messages to the non-technical departments in a clear and understandable manner, leading to business-wide improvement of data management, informed decision making, and ultimate improvement in performance.
- to draw reports and presentations for Data and Analytics and key stakeholders to serve as valuable insights and aid in departmental decision making. These reports and presentation must, therefore, be clearly articulated, becoming clear, engaging, and convincing.
Technological Savvy/Analytical Skills and MS Office Software:
- A suitable candidate for this position will be highly proficient in the use of Ms Word, Ms Excel, PowerPoint, PowerBI and Outlook, all necessary for the creation of both visually and verbally engaging reports and presentations, for Data and Analytics executives, and stakeholders....