We are transforming India through volunteering with a vision of making volunteering a national habit. We believe every child deserves a quality education. We are looking for someone passionate about promoting a strong culture of volunteerism and civic responsibility among citizens, especially towards education and the environment.
The Director will be responsible for ensuring holistic education for children through volunteers leading to sustainable livelihoods. Also, for strategizing and managing the programme nationally to scale the programme 10x over the next 2-3 years.Primary Responsibilities include:
- Promoting a strong culture of volunteerism and civic responsibility among citizens
- Engage all stakeholders in shaping shared goals, strategies for the programme to maximise impact & reach
- Increase volunteer activation especially through collaboration with corporates, non-profits, and colleges.
- Lead, coach, nurture employees and volunteer coordinators into a high-performance team.
- Build systems, culture, and the team (employees and volunteers) to support the programme with a focus on continuous learning, improvement, and rapid growth (10x over 2-3 years).
- Play an active role in scaling the cause of volunteerism in India through thought leadership and networks.
- Minimum five years’ experience in leading teams and project management is preferable
- Management degree from a tier-1 institute or equivalent fellowship experience will be an advantage
- Prior volunteering experience essential
- Excellent track record of effectively leading and regionally and/or nationally scaling a performance- and outcomes-based organization
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Experience/exposure to teaching, pedagogy, curriculum design, and training, including digital learning adoption, would be desirable
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to drive outcome-oriented plans through the team’s collective effort
- Strong influencing skills, people engagement, networking, and listening skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Emotional maturity to empathize with the perspectives/needs of team members
- Strong IT skills and aptitude for adoption of digital technology
- Highly resourceful team player, who is self-driven
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Willingness to travel – locally and nationally