Key Role Responsibilities
• Ensures model and drawing quality.
• Creates and maintains product specifications utilizing Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing (GD&T).
• Utilizes Computer Aided Design (CAD) data management tools (CreO)for configuration control and to maintain security.
• Ensures application of company, industry, national, and international standards.
• Processes internal engineering work requests.
• Engages with required functional areas as needed.
• Participates in the maintenance of standards and practices which ensure quality.
• Participates in Drawing Quality Reviews(DQR)
Required Skills & Competencies
•Mechanical Design Specification -Creates complete specifications in the form of solid models, configured engineering bill of materials and detailed drawings that cross-functionally communicate the information
required to manufacture and inspect a product per its design intent; considers national, international, industry, and Cummins’ standards that accurately and concisely define the part specification.
•Mechanical Design Modeling and Analysis - Creates Computer Aided Design models in accordance with Cummins' standards to represent architectural or product level system design concepts, and to enable completion of various system-level computer analyses such as Dimensional Variation Analysis and Finite Element Analysis.
•Product Configuration and Change Management - Establishes a baseline of identified product artifacts to be placed under configuration management; releases, tracks, controls and communicates changes from
concept to obsolescence often through work requests; establishes and maintains the integrity of the product artifact baselines.
•Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.