head fund accounting-asset management co in Mumbai
Finance & Accounts
?Lead the fund accounting team to ensure optimum performance of all scheme managers through appropriate training & direction .
Essential Functions: In order of importance, list the essential functions (9 maximum) of this position and estimate the percentage of time spent on each (for non-officer). Begin with an action verb and describe an end result. Note: Accountabilities transfer directly to the performance appraisal form.
1. Overall responsible for Statutory & MIS reports generated by Fund accounting function. Communicate the various Reports to the satisfaction of all Stake holders i.e. trustees / Audit committees , Auditors, Regional Office , Head office of Principal Group. Ensure escalation of all critical issues to the Sr. Management Team members & take approvals for resolving the same.
2. Overall Supervision of Fund accounting of all schemes including NAV calculation , valuation, NPA�s, Ledger reconciliation, accruals, expenses, expense ratio�s etc.
3. Supervision of valuation of portfolios of all schemes including coordination for any change in statutory / internal policies
4. Lead and direct all team members towards achieving their goals and provide coaching and training opportunities. Responsible for performance of all team member s
5. Liaise with other Team leaders to ensure all open issues with any departments are addressed at the earliest possible
6. Ensure Fund accounting teams adherence to Standard operation procedures / Checklists / Deadlines
7. Maintain contact with all peers in the industry to be abreast on the latest developments like News , Circulars, New regulations etc in the industry
8. Build up process to mitigate Financial , Operating & compliance related risks for the fund accounting department
9. Decision maker for resolving all queries (internal & External) which arise in day to day operations of the Fund Accounting function.
?PF, Gratuity, Variables
?Multinational Asset Management Company
?Fund accounting, Mutual funds, NAV Calculation, Fund administration
?Chartered Accountant/Cost Accountant , with total experience of 10 - 12 years out of which at least 3 years of experience in Managing the fund accounting team. Thorough knowledge of SEBI regulations , high level of concentration, Good people management skills