The position is based out of Mumbai and will be part of D&IT (Digitalization & Information Technology), tasked with improving the data science and AI/ML capabilities and delivery excellence that guides decision-making across Clusters (Generation, Renewables, Transmission & Distribution, NBS etc.) and Corporate Functions (Finance, HR etc.). Our organization is looking for an experienced and motivated Head of Data Governance to lead the development and implementation of a data governance framework for our company. The Head of Data Governance will be responsible for establishing a Data Governance Council and Data Offices across Clusters/Functions thereby implementing best practices in Data Catalogue, Ownership, Access, Security, Quality, Availability etc. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of data governance and management, as well as experience in implementing data governance frameworks in a large organization.
Tata Power with its competitive edge of resources is playing a key role in the transformation process and aims to emerge as a most admired integrated Power and Energy company. We at Tata Power believe that investment in people and their potential is one of the greatest investments we can make. For this, we are constantly in search of talent that is curious, creative, communicative, and passionate, that can perform excellently. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Develop and implement a data governance framework, including policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines for the management and use of data.
- Improving the data excellence and maturity of the organization across Clusters/Functions as per DATOM framework. Conduct maturity assessment and create a roadmap and plan to take the organization to DATOM maturity level 4 by 2024.
- Establish a Data Governance Council and Data Offices across Clusters/Functions to support the implementation of the data governance framework.
- Identify and define data domains, data owners, and data stewards across the organization.
- Collaborate with business and IT stakeholders to develop and implement a data catalogue to ensure consistent, accurate, and complete data documentation.
- Collaborate with business and IT stakeholders to identify and define data domains and ensure that data is documented accurately.
- Implement data quality and data security controls to ensure that data is accurate, reliable, and secure.
- Define data ownership and access controls for data across the organization.
- Establish data security policies, procedures, and guidelines to protect sensitive or confidential data.
- Develop data sharing agreements to ensure that data is available to those who need it while maintaining data security.
- Develop and implement data quality controls to ensure data is accurate, complete, and timely.
- Develop and implement data availability controls to ensure that data is accessible when needed.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the data governance framework and recommend improvements as necessary.
- Implement Data Governance frameworks in Cloud (GCP/Azure/AWS) through respective Data Governance tools
We’re excited if you have:
- Graduate with Engineering Degree (CS/Electronics/IT) + MCA / MCS / Masters in Business Analytics/Information Management or related fields
- Ability to interpret complex business requirements and translating them into data requirements to deliver high value outputs
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information management, or related field. A master's degree is preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in data governance and management, including experience in setting up data governance councils and data offices.
- Knowledge of best practices for data governance, including data cataloguing, data quality, data security, and data sharing.
- Understanding of data architecture and data modelling.
- Experience with data management tools such as metadata management, data profiling, and data lineage.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Powerfully Nimble, Energizes Customers, Delivers Powerful Results, Fuels Excellence, Powered by Purpose, Electric Learner
- Prior Energy & Utilities industry experience is a big plus.
Reports to: Head – Analytics & Insights
Number of positions: 1
Experience (Min. – Max. in yrs.): 10+ years
Location: Mumbai (Onsite)...