Job Description Responsibilities:
● Build and Lead multiple teams of 10-15 top notch engineers to own, drive and deliver critical parts of our products.
● Work closely with Engineering Managers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
● Set up the organization processes to enable timely delivery of projects with high quality.
● Ensure quality at every level be it problem solving, design, code or bug fixes.
● Oversee Architecture design of technically robust, flexible and scalable solutions.
● Engage with product management and CTO office team to drive the functionality, usability and other non-functional requirements and hence the solution for the same
● Ensure on-time launches by managing design, development, and integration efforts according to a standard or customized project plan
● Be a champion of engineering excellence: establish team metrics for measurement of engineering and operational excellence. Implement a consistent, regular process for assessment and improvement.
● Show strong business and technical judgment that will accelerate time to market of releases, while incrementally moving our services towards the long-term vision.
● Be responsible for mentoring and developing front line managers and engineers. Requirements
● Must have at least 2 years of experience working at a startup.
● 10+ years of work experience in software development and 5+ years as a leadership role.
● Experienced on microservices based architecture.
● Experience in building and running distributed systems for 24x7 online services at scale.
● Deep understanding expertise with highly transactional, large relational and complex systems
● Knowledge of Object-Oriented Design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis.
● Experience in defining and executing professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle.
● Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
● Strengths in problem-solving, issue resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated experience. Engaging and influencing peers and executives.
● A strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive.
● Being a strong leader, mentor, and people manager.
● Investing in continuous learning and improvement Besides skills we are looking
● Startup and Entrepreneurial mindset.
● Execution oriented.
● Ability to think big.
● Collaborative mindset. What you get :
● Compensation could include stock options for significant upside.