Procurement Management –
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice procurement vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance
- Lead the purchasing function, developing the short medium and long term plans for the function and majorly for powder and promotional activities
- Participate in regular purchasing meetings to represent the BU and further professionalize the function
- Ensure operational control and administration for central stores and operational activities for procurement at HO
- Specifications for materials to be agreed with departments and supplier
- Sourcing, negotiating and buying of goods, materials and services to meet the Company’s operational requirements
- Building accountability for the purchase of goods, materials and services to ensure that the company’s operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply
- Ensure that purchasing policies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets and which enables the company to function and compete effectively in the market.
Material Planning & Procurement
- Discover profitable suppliers and initiate business and organization partnerships
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms
- Approve the ordering of necessary material
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries
- Examine and test existing contracts
- Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying, selling, and distributing materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies
Supplier & Vendor Management
- Ensure that suppliers can produce to agreed specifications, that they operate to recognized quality keeping up to date on supplier activity and movements of materials
- Utilize appropriate resources including Supplier Development to ensure appropriate supplier partnerships and delivery of sourced products.
- Manage relationships with suppliers and select and develop new suppliers/vendors
- Negotiate and manage contract terms with suppliers to ensure value for money, quality standards and delivery terms with technical and operational input from colleagues
- Develops requests for proposals based on detailed business unit and internal customer requirements. Negotiates and implements long term agreements and strategic sourcing agreements with suppliers to develop partnerships, leverage spend and reduce total cost of ownership.
- Analysis cost reduction opportunities through spend detail by general ledger, supplier, commodity and accounts payable data.
- Develops and maintains standard terms and conditions, which will increase strategic program value, lower costs and reduce contractual liability and risk of litigation, such as: General Terms Agreement, General Services Agreement, Purchase Order Terms and Conditions, Master Supply Agreement, Professional Services Agreement, etc. Updates contract language to comply with regulations, company policy changes, etc.
- Monitors long term agreements from the time of inception through expiration, to foster the team negotiation process prior to the expiration of the agreement.
- Monitors all contract renewals on a proactive, monthly basis to explore any/all cost reduction opportunities during the negotiation process.