Job Location: Corporate Office, PuneJob Overview:
The Head of Strategic Sourcing would play a key role in bringing along synergy within the plant and corporate SCM functions. They should be inspired and thrive in a collaborative, fast - paced and continuously evolving environment, function independently when needed with a deep personal commitment in aligning and synergizing the plant SCM functions with the corporate objectives. The role encompasses supervising the sourcing team, interacting with clients and vendors, evaluating and developing procurement strategies to maximize efficiency and minimize cost, and negotiating supplier contracts.
If you are looking for a fast paced environment with lots of opportunity for personal growth & career progression, then this is the ideal place for you!Responsibilities and Duties:
- To develop the framework and the long-term road map for the Strategic Sourcing department and team.
- To Implements procurement strategies. Supports objectives to increase cost competitiveness for all needs for all plants, clusters and business.
- Lead for contract administration & responsible for the frame work of master agreements for the various contracts with vendors, suppliers
- Directly responsible for the cost savings targets & to Generate cost saving ideas
- Interacts with business, functional and technical (manufacturing, engineering, and maintenance) leaders to ensure all requirements are met and provides performance assessment of key suppliers.
- To develop the framework and the long-term road map for insourcing capabilities by the utilization of in-house capacities of the plant
- Oversees procurement activities and ensures compliance of procurement guidelines, policies, procedures and processes.
- Participates in Value Chain team meetings, identifies areas to improve cost and schedule, mitigates risk, negotiates contracts and purchase orders and resolves issues.
- To maximize of RXIL limit utilization wrt MSME / Tier-II vendors
- To reducing payables ageing
- To monitor Cluster vendor costing analysis and their of share of business
Must – Haves:
- B.E + MBA (SCM / Operations)
- 15 - 20 years of relevant experience in strategic sourcing, with majority of Prior experience as a Head of Strategic Sourcing within automotive industry.
- Experience in leading large teams in effective decision making through analyzing, evaluating and communicating performance and position of entities.
- Should be good planner and able to populate the procurement plan based on the business/ cluster need.
- Always look for increased Level of Cost Savings
- Should ensure better alignment of sourcing and business objectives
- To look for optimization of Ideal Suppliers and long-term relationship building with suppliers
- Someone who can manage culturally diverse teams across hierarchy to align on organizational objectives.
- Ability to work in fast paced organization that can cut across verticals to deliver end goals.
- Good Commercial Acumen
- Business Acumen
- Collaborative Working
- Good Analytical Ability
- Decision Making
- Drive & Initiative