Description of position: Health, Safety and Sustainability Leader
Supervisor: MD, Factory Manager
- Develop and maintain Sustainability strategies and systems within the company to meet Global/International standards in terms of green operations, environment friendly products and sustainable supply chain
- Establish a robust team to drive the Sustainability initiatives, create awareness and zeal for driving the same among employees on regular intervals using an appealing communication strategy across the organization
- Contribute to Global Sustainability drive, take the company on lead to demonstrate effective implementation. Work with other company subsidiaries as per the need of the business
- Lead & guide GreenCo teams, monitor performance (in relevant areas) according to Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and take swift and impactful action to improve performance levels. Extend support to strengthen Green Supply Chain.
- Maintain a well-defined Environment, Occupational Health and Safety Management System in accordance with the related compliance through periodic audits and facilitate management reviews.
- As a part of Safety and Legal committee ensure compliance of evaluation w.r.t latest regulatory requirements.
- Establish, maintain contract with certification bodies and drive yearly certification/surveillance audits. Drive compliance to legal & other than legal requirements with the help of internal & external stakeholders.
- Co-ordinate activities w.r.t. customer certification and shop approvals with internal & external stakeholders
- Establish and implement necessary communication strategy for the improvement and increase the awareness of EOHS issues across the organization
Education / Experience/ Language skills:
- BE-Mechanical /BE-Production with overall work experience of 15-20 years
- Certified Safety/Legal officer and Green/environment rated systems
- Lead auditor of QMS & EHS will be preferred
- Language Skills:
- Language skill in German would be added advantage
Other Skills & Abilities:
- Effective Communication
- Excellent and Proven process management track record
- Dept with latest digital tools to drive the efforts digitally
- Takes informed decisions and include everyone in the process
Skills & Attributes:
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members across geographies
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
- Competent in problem solving and efficient planning
- Responsible to handle cross functional team
- Meeting year of year goals of Sustainability
- Meeting safety goals and no non conformities in EOHS audits
- Maintaining Evaluation of Compliances