- experience performing project management role on complex projects
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Experience with MIS reporting and creation of IT PM reports required
- Experience with Lean concepts and applying them in a technology environment
- Experience managing an IT Portfolio or Project Management Office.
- Experience in a supervisory or management position.
- Experience managing external partner relationships and contract staff
Excellent leadership, interpersonal skills and organization skills. Deliverables of the Role
- Accountable for the IT Portfolio processes including IT planning, portfolio governance, project methodology framework, and resource capacity management
- Track various elements of a program and Own leadership reporting on a regular basis.
- Ensure project management standards are being executed across the IT project portfolio
- Drive improvements into the PMO program and ensure industry best practices are leveraged
- Create and maintain staffing plans. Ensures the team is properly trained and staffed to handle the projected workload, both from an internal staffing and external staffing support. Makes recommendations to management regarding long-term contractors and/or additions to staff.
- Implement project communications including project steering committee meetings and status reports
- Manage project risks and issues and implement mitigation plans.
Ensure that project goals are accomplished and in line with business objectives