A solution architect plays an important role in the software development cycle, gathering requirements and directing the activities of the rest of the design team. This role requires excellent attention to detail, as the solution architect frequently needs to examine functional specifications and translate them into system guidelines that shape project development as well as find ways to align projects with enterprise-level systems.
In addition to guiding development teams, a solution architect is frequently responsible for conducting research on existing systems and devising solutions that work within those systems. They may also meet directly with clients to demonstrate solutions, answer questions regarding software capabilities and requirements, and work to resolve issues that arise during the development cycle.
- Understand business requirements and business direction
- Understand possible system specification scenario
- Define layers and modules of the solution
- Determine Architecture Scope and Roadmap
- Define the details of the components of a solution
- Lead solution coding as per best practices
- Ensure test strategy covers risk areas
- Look at mechanisms to continuously improve productivity