SECTION I: BASIC INFORMATION ON THE ROLE
Lead System Admin - EUC
Line of Business
Roles Reporting into
No of employees
Senior Associate IT Support
SECTION II: JOB SUMMARY
The incumbent is responsible for leading a team to manage the overall IT infrastructure of organization including servers, OS, network devices, storage devices. He/she also participates and provides inputs towards implementation of various hardware/software policies and procedures and responsible for vendor management in regards to licensing & procurement.
SECTION III: DO - KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
- Interacts with end-users to resolve queries related to infrastructure/technical environment issues
- Interacts with senior members of the DPS/IST team in case of complex issues
- Interacts with GIC team over complex issues
- Interacts with Admin for licensing & procurement.
- No direct responsibility.
Process and Operations
- Leads a team of System admins/engineers to ensure below actions:
- Responsible for proactive maintenance of local infrastructure and monitoring of overall network health, remote devices, and software alerts
- Ensures smooth running and timely updates of security patches, backup and utilities for server backup, internet availability, routers, firewalls, operating systems and other infrastructure related applications
- Ensures the company softwares are up to date and monitors and manages update schedules, license and product renewals
- To maintain hardware and software system inventory and documentation of configuration.
- To ensure System (Hardware & Software) and Network availability and provide support during situations demanding Business Continuity
- Responsible for end-user collaboration
- Asset Management (IT Systems) – Procurement decisions to Procurement Team
- Miscellaneous IT Support activities other than enterprise architecture and application development/management
Learning & Development
- Mentors new team members and provides knowledge transfers
- Prepares annual infrastructure budgets basis hardware and software requirements of the next year
- Interacts with third parties/ vendors/ procurement teams for quotations and new purchases
SECTION IV: DELIVER – KEY OUTPUTS / RESULTS FROM THE ROLE
Key Performance Indicators (KPI) What are the measurable indicators for the role?
- Asset management
- License Management – IT Assets
- End-point IT Asset administration
- Miscellaneous IT Support activities
SECTION V: DISPLAY – KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Basic understanding of OS technologies
- Knowledge/experience of server administration using tools such as SecureShell (SSH), remote desktop, VNC etc.
- Experience with troubleshooting of systems and network related issues
Behavioural skills / competencies required for this role
Primary behavioural skills as per MOL CHARTS:...