Linux Systems Engineer
Position Purpose: As a Linux Engineer, you will be part of a small but growing team responsible for delivering, implementing, and supporting Linux based solutions across the StoneX businesses, along with ensuring that ongoing support, monitoring, and alerting processes are optimal and effective. You will oversee the smooth operation of production environments operating around the clock, ensuring tickets are resolved promptly and service levels are met.
- Working with a dynamic technology stack, supporting, maintaining, and developing our Linux enterprise estate.
- Interact with product development teams to understand requirements and translate into technical solutions.
- Collaborate with DevOps and identify opportunities to leverage cloud services and automation.
- Follow and implement Linux best practices.
- Explore and integrate new technologies, transitioning operations from traditional administration to automated provisioning and configuration management.
- Perform performance tuning, backups, patching and vulnerability management.
- Evaluating and implementing potential new tools and technologies – IaaS / IaaC models for infrastructure deployment provisioned within containers.
- Interfacing with vendors and various internal groups for trouble calls and architectural designing.
- Minimum 5-7 years as a Linux or Senior Linux Engineer.
- Experience with lifecycle/configuration management tools i.e. Ansible, Forman, Terraform.
- Experience with Red Hat and Debian Linux flavors.
- Experience with cloud services. Azure is advantageous.
- Experience with containers: Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Strong Scripting skills: BASH, Python, Perl, etc.
- Keen interest in high performance computing.
- Effective communications skills both orally and in writing; able to create comprehensive proposals, white papers, and technical documents.
- Ability to set priorities and drive for results.
- Professional manner and customer service experience.
Physical requirements/Working conditions:
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Dynamic, time-sensitive environment.
- Traveling to remote locations by air or vehicle.