The Maintenance engineer will be overall in charge of the maintenance section of the plant.
Key Responsibilities (not limited to)
- Ensures SAFETY on priority - To ensure adherence to all safety and compliance policies/procedures/systems of the company - (C.A.R.E – Commit, Access, Recognize, Encourage) program. To be overall in charge of personnel, process, and equipment safety during maintenance activities. To manage & supervise all maintenance work considering a safe environment during Electrical or Mechanical breakdowns.
- To commit, comply, and support the Sustainability Strategy and work towards achieving the sustainability targets of the company.
- To ensure full legal compliance with all relevant legislation and food safety standards.
- To lead a team of associates, mainly comprising team leaders, fitters, electricians, packaging technicians, etc. To be responsible for planning & managing predictive, preventive, and breakdown maintenance (mechanical, electrical, electronics, instrumentation, etc) of plant and utility equipment as per maintenance KPIs set by the company (MTBF, MTTR, OEE, etc.)
- To be responsible for keeping the plant and utility equipment maintained all the time to meet the capacity, speed, and reliability standards set by the company.
- Coordinate with other functions (process, purchase, utility, etc.) of the plant for proactive planning of daily, weekly, monthly, and annual maintenance activities.
- To be responsible for overall cost control, and to manage and monitor overall maintenance activities of the plant maintenance within the allotted budget.
- To be responsible for preparing and submitting the annual maintenance budget.
- To derive the minimum and maximum levels of store inventory of machine spares and consumables based on OEM recommendations as well as consumption patterns. To make sure that the store value of engineering spares is always within the set standards (% of total asset value). To ensure the store turn-out ratio for engineering spares is always >0.5. To do categorization (A, B, C) of the spares based on value, lead time of supply, and cost of failure.
- Work & collaborate with the procurement team for overall vendor management related to plant maintenance requirements.
- To be responsible for preparing the daily MIS and submitting it on daily basis to the Engineering manager.
- To work collaboratively with the reliability cell of the plant and drive world-class maintenance programs i.e. TPM, Autonomous maintenance, Condition monitoring, Continuous Improvement, etc.
- To be overall in charge of record keeping of plant maintenance section, keeping OEM manuals, drawings, installation & commissioning reports, service reports, etc. in a systematic way so that they can be readily produced or referred to. To be responsible for training and development of team members of the plant maintenance section - Goal setting, performance evaluation, identifying training needs, imparting or arranging the training.
- To engage the team and ensure active participation by the team members of the maintenance section in different programs & initiatives taken by the company from time to time.
- To set an example, sustain open communications with the direct reports and the team about performance output, recognize achievements/ appreciations, resolve workplace issues, and motivate the team. To uphold respectful workplace policies and enforce workplace rules.
- To train the team in relation to all safety issues. Anticipates and identifies safety-related problems, and takes corrective action to resolve the safety issue. To carry out monthly safety inspections of the plant.