Description of position: Manager – Product Management
Supervisor: Head, Product Management & R&D
Main task of position:
Manager Prod-M is responsible for the technical success of the existing products and new breed of compressors fulfilling the relevant market needs.
- Actively manage the product life cycle from product idea to product phase out considering the needs of the entire value creation chain
- Manage product portfolio of assigned products
- Define product categorization & product standard
- Observe the technological development in the relevant field
- Work closely with Sales & R&D and be a bridge demonstrating greater influencing skills. Predominantly it will be an individual contributor role and without direct reports
- Market analysis and exploration of new market opportunities
- Data collection, Data analysis, Review Product costs, Margins & initiate actions to reduce costs/ enhance product pricing.
- Proposal and business planning for new product ideas
- Support Sales with product specific know-how, documentation and trainings
- Manage product improvement and product maintenance
- Define SMART targets & monitor KPIs & performance
- Follow and maintain a well-defined quality system across the department
- Maintain documentation and records as per ISO guidelines. Maintain & adhere to QMS & procedures
Education / Experience:
- B.E (Mech.) with around 10-15 years of experience working in rotating equipment industry and with at least >5 years of product management experience in Compressor Industry is added benefit.
- Person must be with good working attitude, having ownership, take responsibility, be accountable for product management with a boundaryless behavior
- Knowledge of international standard like API, ASME, ASTM, DIN etc.
- Knowledge of latest technologies and should assimilate technology
- Broader knowledge of compressors, sizing of compressors, auxiliary rotary equipment’s like pumps, engines & stationary equipment’s like Dryer’s, coolers, is added advantage
- Interpersonal and Communication skills
- Persistent, highly self-driven personality with good convincing abilities