As a national sales manager, the individual will lead the sales function and ensure capability building across levels for the vertical in India. Develop and groom the sales team into a high-performance unit and promote cross-selling culture across the team. Effectively manage the overall sales objectives, goals, and revenue of the vertical.
- To establish a strong presence in Group Schools and L1 Schools, with special emphasis on increasing engagement thus, closely review the KAM team
- Plan and put in action steps to meet and exceed budgets
- Play an active role in new product introductions, product rationalizations, and pricing review
- Review with the sales team and distributors monthly sales (vs. yearly target, by product)
- On-the-job training and coaching of the sales team and ensure up to date knowledge levels on our own products as well as competitive information
- Forecast planning. Creation and tracking of sales and collections: budget & achievement (variance if any to be tracked with valid reasons/justifications)
- Creation and execution of Sales Plan and strategy (Including promotions and reach agenda) in alignment.
Principal AccountabilitiesAccountability of overall top-line, bottom-line, revenue generation, and cost of sales for the business
- Support Business head in developing local publishing plan and design product plan by providing inputs related to local market needs & segment
- Propose products to these customers, evaluate the best fits, and pitch relevant product offerings
- Prepare the annual sales budget category-wise for international products, local, special projects, etc., and achieve those targets with the team
- Track and analyze current and past sales trends to analyze the sales numbers and cost of sales to ensure the achievement
- Ensure Training & Development for the sales team in coordination with HR to improve productivity, lower attrition, and for retention of key members
- Ensure that the sales team devises effective sales plans for the upcoming sales season and helps them execute those efficiently for maximum traction
- Support sales team to identify and explore new opportunities, efficient planning through optimal inventory levels for timely order fulfillment by working closely with operations and customer service teams
- Monitor and control travel, marketing, and freeze (free sample) expenses
- Competition benchmarking and agile mapping of the market to enable the execution of organization's plans through innovation and innovative sales tactics
Knowledge & Experience
- Must have min 15 years of experience in Sales, Business Development & Key Business Account Management in the Education Publishing or Digital product industry.
- Must have managed annual sales budgets and collections comparable in scale to verticals India budgets.
- Should have sales management experience in Education Market in India at a senior level