Main tasks of the position:
- Provide leadership to electrical & instrumentation team; manage the managers
- Build capacity/competence in line with organizational growth requirements. Manage engineering. Capacity & peak load through outsourcing/contractual members
- Training & coaching for new joinees /contract team members
- Coordinating, monitoring and controlling electrical and instrumentation work activity related to the projects with respective to following
- Finalization of the Critical elect/ inst. items in the Projects.
- Finalization of the P & I diagram with respect to controls and instrumentation.
- Ensuring the engineering activity completion on time and requisite follow up.
- Post order Approval of the Electrical and instrumentation items.
- Approval from client/ consultants for Electrical and instrumentation Items/ Schemes / controls.
- Sales support in understanding the tenders, preparation of the specifications, technical evaluation of the quotations for electrical and instrumentation items.
- Support Services Dept. in …..
- Technical discussions for Controls and Instrumentation for Revamp orders.
- Troubleshooting during erection & commissioning
- Feedback and implementation
- Support to Supply Chain Dept. in ….
- Technical discussions during enquiry stage of elect/ instrumentation project items.
- Negotiate Purchase Orders of Elect & instrumentation items.
- Evaluation of vendor performance along with QA with respect to Elect & Inst. Items.
- Standardization of the Items/ Equipment.
- Implement performance driven management system across the function and identify development need to meet the competence needed for the function.
- Maintain the defined quality system with respect to Electrical and instrumentation
- Prepare monthly MIS and reports as required
- Accuracy of engineering
- Timely completion of engineering
- Timely completion of projects
- Develop competence of team