Title: Product Manager for Aftermarket Parts
Required experience: 4-10 years in Product Management, Commercial Acumen, Marketing, Stakeholder Management, Project Management, MIS, Reporting, Presentation Skills, and Communication Skills, Power BI.
- Responsible for managing the lifecycle of key product lines and understanding market and industry trends.
- Drive strategic NRP business development initiatives for the business unit across all segments in On Highway, Industrial, Powergen & Exports.
- Support Sales & Marketing leaders in executing key actions towards segment growth from the aftermarket perspective.
- Analyze and recommend schemes & promotional initiatives to convert sales opportunities across channels & product lines.
- Drive NRP Sales through S&OP process and focus on execution.
- Work with the product BU on VPI projects towards meeting aftermarket deliverables.
- Conduct market study & sales analysis to identify new product opportunities and market them.
- Develop the long-term product line strategy, forecast, and the annual operating plan.
- Provide product line budget requirements into the business unit annual operating plan.
- Lead the development of product introduction plans.
- Develop all aspects of the marketing mix to ensure the successful launch of new products throughout the subsequent lifecycle.
- Lead pricing activity throughout the product lifecycle.
- Lead available marketing resources and use those resources appropriately and as needed to support the product range.
- Ensure that the product branding strategy is implemented effectively, and lead and support internal and external communications in relations to the product range.
- Protect intellectual property of the organization and work with legal counsel and engineering to ensure asset protection.
- Define and adopt, in the target market, a specific stance relative to the competition with the use of market research capabilities.
- Lead improvement of customer satisfaction and solve ongoing customer issues in relation to the product range.
- Lead management of the product lifecycle and determine when products should be deemed obsolete.
- Develop, implement, and measure results of product promotions.
- Engage with other functions and global locations to ensure global profitability of the product line.
- Recommend marketing process changes that will improve Value Package Introduction and Value Package Change processes.
- Coach and motivate Associate Product Managers, provide guidance and direction on problems and issues, delegate work assignments considering employee skills and development needs.