Candidate will have an end-to-end responsibility of building and managing the FinTech product road map. The Candidate’s role is to research and envision a stream of FinTech products and initiatives for users and in the process drive enhanced user experience and the underpinning monetisation strategy.
Candidate also needs to anticipate customer needs and build experiences influencing category needs based on their knowledge of competitive trends in the marketplace and other macro environment data and drive implementation of these initiatives and work closely with the internal stakeholders to mitigate product offering gaps through launch of relevant interventions and enhancements on the current/new FinTech stack.
Candidate should be a self-starter with customer centric approach to solve problems and build differentiated value prop for the customer. Hands on experience in developing & managing, digital wallet, UPI, and credit card product.
- Will end to end manage the product’s core value proposition, including product collaterals, customer communication, etc.
- Design, develop and launch a new product in the market.
- Will manage end to end customer journeys, processes, and customer experience.
- Cross-functional (Technology, Risk, Compliance, Operations) engagement to drive product development, usage & adoption.
- You will be part of Digital Marketplaces Core-Product team that looks after the Core of the FinTech Platform and Product interventions, and you, by working alongside other Product Managers from the Core and other Product Teams, will strengthen and extend the Core to help the existing and the new products powered by the Platform over time.
- You will fall in love with the problem, more than the solution. You will validate whether a given problem makes sense and customers dealing with the problem are indeed looking for a solution; come up with a solution that is practical/sustainable and will make sense for the customers. Then, you will deliver.
- You will write product specification, epics/user stories to help make the changes to the Core of the Platform as an Individual Contributor. You will work with product/tech teams to share requirements, coordinate at detailed level to develop features, and deliver high quality product interventions and enhancements.
- You will work closely with Product Management teams to align product roadmaps with cross-product strategies/market offerings and validate product definitions with customers.
- You will continuously explore and work towards improving the Core FinTech offerings of Platform to make the Platform’s Core and thereby the Product-Lines best in the industry. For this, you will stay well-read on the industry trends, aware of key competitors and their differentiated offerings, and stay connected to partners and partner implementation teams.
- You will need to manage your time wisely, as you will deal with multiple time-competing priorities at several levels of complexity, all to help push FinTech offerings to its next higher level
- You will be the custodian for launch, adoption and improvisation of all FinTech platform and product interventions
- You will evolve into and work as a Subject Matter Expert in the FinTech Marketplace initiative.
Alongside, candidate will manage and work on
- Product features, offering, cross-selling, up-selling strategies
- Understanding and bundling 3rd party products and services
- Referral programs, customer engagement and retention
- Product Management, product roll-out and coordination
- Manage all product collaterals & customer engaging properties such as customer statements etc.
- Manage all the processes related to value prop delivery and fulfilment
- Manage customer communication throughout the customer journey and create delighters for the customer through assertive communication
- Create and manage customer communication channels like SMS, Email, Whatsapp, IVR and mobile app notifications.
- Track and identify features utilisation and drive higher feature penetration. Create & manage product utilisation dashboards. Publish reports of product depth & feature penetration to senior stakeholders.
- Engage with Partner and Market research to identify opportunities to introduce new features through competition benchmarking
- Drive internal governance processes for launching any product, method etc.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- You must have at least 4+ years of experience as a technical product manager/owner working with payments-related products/platforms in fintech/eCommerce/SaaS/PaaS.
- You should have at least 2 years of hands-on product-development/product-management-oriented experience in building, managing, and supporting a large-scale payments-oriented platform that supports payment-wallet-account, cards, or digital banking related services.
- You are familiar with core concepts and have good product-oriented knowledge about payments-oriented platform that can onboard scalable number of customers/businesses/merchants, perform KYC/KYB, offer them accounts/wallets, give them the ability to load funds, to receive funds, to payout, to offer them the ability to spend (using cards, QR Code or any other possible means), and so on.
- Work experience in E-wallets closed loop/open loop, launch of credit cards/payment instruments, lending and other fintech product management role exposures will be preferred
- Decent level of Knowledge on API’s (REST, JSON)
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to work unsupervised and adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated influencing skills
- BE / B.Tech. (Premier/Tier I), MBA (Premier/Tier I or equivalent)
- Skills you bring on the table
- Problem solving & decision making
- Data analysis, interpretation & reporting
- Project/Program management
- Strategic bent of mind and a go getter
Good to have:
- Technical architecture understanding of web scale business in daily interaction with developers
- Having worked on end to end product development and delivery of web/marketplace product is highly desired.
- Prior experience with understanding of dev life cycle or equivalent is a big plus
- Worked closely with tech team in agile environment to launch products on android/iOS and web platforms.