Purpose of Role
- Quality Assurance team is dedicated to ensuring the best quality of software products are developed and Customer Experience is enhanced. Quality Engineering team builds, reuse and supports technology agnostic automated frameworks, supporting Legacy, Digital, Data and NextGen platforms.
- We are seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) who has passion for using technology to develop and maintain solutions for General Insurance products. Experience in General Insurance and Risk systems is preferred.
- A Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is a developer with the responsibility of developing frameworks and tools to test Digital and Legacy products and support any non-functional testing like (Security/Performance)
- It is a unique role, providing immense opportunity to design and develop and Test wide range of Applications.
- SDETs are able to understand software architecture, debug code, automate repetitive tasks, and implement new tools and frameworks needed to streamline our quality process.
- Our SDETs work to understand project features, review technical designs, and implement automated test tools that help deliver quality features with efficiency. They also understand customer usage models and can develop test plans and test cases that approximate real-world environments and scenarios.
- Our SDET is also responsible to Self-educates to gain a comprehensive understanding of relevant development languages, runtimes, frameworks, database platforms, and tooling.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 6+ years of experience as SDET.
- Ability to develop strategies, test plans, and test cases for various technologies and platforms.
- Advance skills in automation tools like Protractor, Selenium, WebdriverIO, Playwright, etc.
- Experience in working with Simulators, Emulators, Real devices and device farms.
- Strong expertise in designing and implementing automation frameworks and tools for software development lifecycle
- Expertise with continuous integration and deployment tools, such as Jenkins, GitLab, and Travis CI
- Strong knowledge of scripting languages such as JAVA or Python.
- Knowledge of cloud platforms such as AWS or Azure.
- Experience in Agile/ Scrum and in-sprint automation models