The Retail Salesperson will assist customers with purchasing merchandise .
- Greets and interacts with customers.
- Consults with customers to understand their needs and preferences related to merchandise.
- Demonstrates and explains merchandise, selecting and suggesting options suitable for the customers needs.
- Answers customers questions about merchandise.
- Assists customers with purchase decisions.
- Retrieves merchandise from sales floor, stock room, or other inventory locations; places special orders.
- Collects payment using the store point of sale system.
- Processes returns and exchanges.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the merchandise sold.
- Ability to anticipate customers needs.
- Ability to recommend merchandise to customers.
- Ability to operate or to quickly learn the stores point-of-sale system.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous retail experience preferred.
- On-the-job training provided.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking throughout the retail space.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.