The Platform Architect is a unique hybrid of business and technical consultants with the ability to operate as a digital tech lead focusing on the Salesforce Marketing Cloud (formerly ExactTarget). As the owner of email solutions for multiple clients, this person is responsible for the successful onboarding and overall technological direction for those clients and works as a liaison between the account management and operations team to design and deliver high-quality, scalable technical solutions. The successful candidate will be able to display thought leadership, technical prowess, and the ability to manage cross-division, cross-functional teams from project inception to completion.
- Demonstrate technical expertise while scoping and driving the creation of digital solutions, email campaigns, email reporting, and data integration.
- Gather business, marketing, and technical requirements in order to craft a comprehensive and scalable solution.
- Ensure alignment of business requirements with standards and policies, and with industry best practices.
- Architect data feeds, data design & relationships. Platform configuration, and components needed to ensure data sanity and sync.
- Implement and execute new integrations between SFMC and any external applications.
- Proactively identify and resolve problems including client data feed issues.
- Stay abreast of industry technology innovations, new business practices, and third-party technology solutions.
- Help us continuously improve by identifying, creating, and enhancing internal systems and processes based on recurring client requests or evolving industry standards.
- 7+ years experience in Marketing Automation, with at least 5 years on SFMC.
- Experience in a technical leadership role designing, building, and executing complex automated email campaigns in a leading ESP, such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud/ExactTarget, Oracle Responsys, Eloqua, Adobe Campaign, Marketo etc.,
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to conceptualize and communicate highly detailed technical concepts to technical to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to take initiative as well as lead, motivate, and oversee teams to produce results.
- Solution design and architecture
- Relational database concepts, with exposure to SQL query development
- AMP Script
- Landing page Development using AMP Script and SSJS
- REST & SOAP API