our client , Inc. is an American multinational information technology infrastructure services provider that designs, builds, manages and develops large-scale information systems. The company was created from the spin-off of infrastructure services business.
SAP Database Administrator – DB2
- Provide logical and physical database design and implementation of physical DB structures into DB2 DBMS.
- Install & administer large scale DB2 (V10 onwards) in an SAP context.
- Perform DB2 database upgrades, patching and DB migration operations.
- Ensures acceptable database availability and response time by leading database problem diagnosis and resolution, proactive performance monitoring, capacity planning, and tuning.
- Works closely with the SAP application administrator(s) and Infrastructure groups on Database Tuning, resolving errors and failures, documentation, and knowledge sharing
- Define/Hands-on with procedures such as data refreshes, backup and recovery and cloning of databases.
- Import and export data between different environments as required
- Works with Audit and Security teams to establish and maintain security and integrity controls
- Formulate policies, procedures and standards relating to database management and monitors transaction activity and utilization.
- Required to provide off-hours on-call support.
Qualifications and Requirements
- 7+ years of Database Administration experience primarily on IBM DB2 Distributed Database Management.
- Expertise with DB2 Administration Tools, like, IBM Admin Tool, DB2 Query Monitor, IBM Visual Explain, DB2 configuration Assistant, DB2 Control Center, DB2 Command Editor and DB2 Workload Manager.
- Experience with IBM DB2 on Unix (AIX/RHEL) supporting large scale SAP/ERP customers is essential.
- Hands-on experience handling large scale SAP migrations/Cloud migrations is a big plus.
- Good to have exposure to other DB technologies like, SAP HANA and Microsoft SQL Server databases as part of supporting the SAP ecosystem.
- Keen knowledge of Windows/Linux/AIX OS administration on Intel & POWER architectures.
- Good understanding of SAP Cloud Architecture and integration with on-premise SAP environments.
- Should have expertise in configuring contingency and high-availability solutions using native/3rd party Cluster solutions.
- Ability to perform data migrations between different versions of DB2
- Understanding of SAP Netweaver 3-Tier Architecture, components, versions, and release cycles.
- High level proficiency and understanding of information technology and the linkage between business processes, people, and systems.