Preferred Experience: 10 years
Work Location: Kolkata
Roles & Responsibilities:
As a Scrum Master, you will be responsible in onboarding project teams, integrating them into the organization and providing a clear vision of the product. You will also facilitate communication and information exchange between external groups and the project team.
- Help team members and stakeholders understand and implement Scrum practices
- Act as a change agent that increases the productivity of the team
- Lead and guide the organization in successful Scrum adoption, by streamlining processes and ensuring that every member on the team follows the Scrum framework
- Work with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization
- Promote a Lean-Agile mindset and exhibit leadership behaviour, support and enforce team rules
- Help the team to drive relentless improvement and progress toward goals
- Coordinate with respective stakeholders proactively to resolve impediments
- Capture and share all necessary metrics that help team and other stakeholders to identify the area of improvements and strength both
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I). Second level Scrum Master certification (CSP, PSM II) will be a plus.
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least 3 years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Understand the fundamentals of iterative and incremental development
- Have strong knowledge of Scrum theory, rules and practices
- Candidate to be adept at refinement, story splitting, estimation, velocity, retrospection, and other Scrum techniques
- Possess knowledge of other Agile approaches, like Kanban, LESS, Crystal, FDD, XP, etc. • Have knowledge about other methodologies other than Agile-Scrum, so that he can explain other methodologies to motivate his team.
- Possess basic knowledge of software development processes and procedures to understand his team needs.
- Should have knowledge of Agile techniques like User Stories, Continuous Integration, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
- Should possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Hands on experience either in development or testing preferred.