Senior DevOps Engineer
Pune or Hyderabad, India
The Senior DevOps Engineer is part of the IT Shared Services team and is responsible for IT DevOps, Quality and Release processes and driving continuous improvement in quality of solutions produced by IT across Sales, Marketing, Services, Customer Success, Finance, Product and Engineering. This individual will implement systematic solutions which would fit best across the technical, operational, and management standards. The Senior DevOps Engineer will design and support Salesforce releases and will play a strategic role by using their more technically oriented skill sets to support clients during and post-launch.
In this role you will…
- Responsible for managing operations of mission-critical systems including Salesforce from our offshore India center.
- Point of contact for Release Management and Change Management in the IT Organization.
- Review current state implementation and update Copado to automate and remove bottlenecks in the process.
- Develop customizations that Copado cannot support out of the box.
- Analyze, execute, and streamline DevOps practices and facilitate the development process and automation.
- Review existing DevOps strategies and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Maintain CI/CD pipeline by enabling suitable DevOps channels across the organization.
- Design process/schedule to deliver completed development to various environments.
- Monitor and review continuous delivery validation build for failures.
- Conduct the sessions for the best practice around the development and deployment lifecycle for developers and operations teams.
- Develop self-service tools to enhance developer productivity for application management.
- Proactively collaborate across multiple teams in the organization to ensure that the requirements are captured and met by tooling provided.
- Develop the POCs to demonstrate the viability of new ideas and technologies to support the innovation.
- Implement CI/CD process for the IT Organization.
- Implement SDLC for the IT Organization.
You have what it takes if you have…
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- 6+ years of experience in DevOps including QA, Change and Release Management.
- 4+ years’ experience in advanced Git (e.g., conflict resolution, cherry-picking, rebasing), one or more popular CICD tools. Up-to-date knowledge of the available commercial toolchains for DevOps.
- Perform all roles of Salesforce administrator includes setting up profiles, create fields/objects, roles, flows, reports and dashboards.
- Experience with Salesforce CLI (SFDX) and some of its useful plugins which can automate some steps is a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce platform production deployments working in an agile methodology environment.
- Work within agile teams focused primarily on delivering technical solutions for improving the overall quality of product build, deployments and releases, monitoring and alerting with an emphasis on non-functional requirements (e.g., standards, resilience, stability, scalability, security, etc.)
- Set up and maintain the automation infrastructure and enable the SDETs and Administrators to be focused on writing tests.
- Ensure the deployment management solution is able to automatically deploy all functionality (configuration, code, data, and metadata).
- Understanding of salesforce environments management (org strategy) and different development approaches.
- Maintain development pipeline, ensuring the CI system can correctly verify every change, run all tests, run automated QE, and report results.
- Manage integrations with version control, ensuring VCS availability to all team members, implementing VCS and VCS security.
- Document and maintain potential new solutions or enhancements to new solutions, as well document business process, and functional requirements.
- High proficiency in Microsoft office, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Copado Certification is a must.
- Experience with Apex, Aura components, LWC is a plus.
- Strong familiarity with quality management tools/technologies (test suite management solutions, test automation, integrations with CI/CD tools).
- Recent and relevant experience working with Copado and SFDX.
- Ability to work seamlessly as part of a multi-site, multicultural, development and testing team, onshore and offshore, internal and external resources.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.