Role Description for: Senior Manager - Investigation Role Title
Senior Manager - Investigation
Reports to – Functionally
AVP/CM – Investigation
Reports to – Administratively
Direct Reporting From
DM/AM - Investigation
To coordinate and oversee the process of investigation of alerts, response to adhoc requests through scrutiny and approval of documents prepared by AMs, so as to adhere to agreed SLAs, TATs and quality standards, data to regulators, levy of penalty – trading members. To keep a constant vigil on reviewing and upgrading alerts to keep the surveillance mechanism at a optimum level.I. Purpose of the role:
II. Key Responsibilities (This should reflect the process/sub-process in which the position plays a role and specifically indicate the actions to be taken. Please include a maximum of 8 key responsibilities)
Preliminary investigation of alerts
- Verify the analysis sheet pertaining to investigation of alerts that are prepared by AM.
- Provide additional inputs to improve the quality of analysis.
- Take the final decision regarding closure of an alert.
- Approve AM’s decision regarding detailed investigation of the alert.
- Monitor and analyse data recorded from the pattern recognition models.
- Monitor the submission of data to regulators, trading members.
- Monitoring of submission of Client Code Modification (CCM) data to regulators and levy of monthly penalty for CCM.
- Verify the PAT reports.
- Review the alerts under watch and the pattern recognition models, etc 10. Verify the advice, show cause, agenda items for committees, etc Detailed investigation of alerts & preparation of detailed reports to SEBI.
- Verify SEBI orders processing/Issuance of circulars etc.
- Verify NOC to various department within NSE w.r.t SEBI debarment.
- Verify SEBI data requests & SEBI alerts/complaints.
- Verify client code modification waiver minutes/submission to regulators
- Verify Issue advice letter, show cause notices to members; prepare the agenda for meetings and draft minutes of the meetings and action letters
- Keep self-updated on the recent developments/SEBI circulars etc.
- Verification and finalization of BR in consultation with seniors.
- Updation of data to website
Process/ System improvements and people management
- Review of process maps, projects in department, etc.
- Coordinate with other departments in NSE to implement the improvement initiatives.
- Review of existing alerts, pattern recognition models etc.
MIS & reporting
- Verify weekly/ monthly MIS to be sent to senior management and external regulators.
Review of alerts/ models.
- Keep a constant vigil on need to review models/ alerts to keep the surveillance mechanism at the optimum level.
Note: Additional responsibilities may be added from time to time depending on organisational requirements.
III. Key attributes of the role
Revenue (range) -
Direct/Indirect - None
Range - 0
Budget (range) -
Approver/User - None
Range - 0
Number of people managed:
IV. Performance Measures
Internal Processes measures
- Adherence to defined process and TAT = 100%
- Quality of the analysis in the reports produced
- Initiatives/ suggestions for process improvements
- Quality recommendations for resolving various issues.
- Complete awareness of the end to end process in the department.
- Guidance/ Training provided to the new AMs on the process and systems.
Learning and growth measures
- Number of hours of training annually >=40
- Quality of recommendations for process improvements
V. Collaboration – Internal & External
Accounts and Finance
Trading Members of NSE
VI. Role Holder Requirements
Essential – MBA / CA degree
Desired – NA
- Knowledge of financial and capital markets
- Knowledge of statutory requirements applicable to the financial markets
Essential – 9-11 years of experience
Desired – Relevant experience in financial services/ exchange
VII. Competencies required for the role
Innovation and Improvement