Sr. Manager – Operations
We are seeking an experienced and Professional Operations Manager to join our team.
This positon is responsible to oversee the operational activities of a business and ensure that workforce is productive. Will be working with other Senior staff on strategic planning, ensuring staff awareness of operational best practices and implementing new initiatives and technologies.
- Maintains the stability and reputation of the stores by complying with legal requirements.
- Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing retail operational policies and procedures manual
- Implement and maintain retail operational policies and procedures to incorporate a sales plan, cost control, shrinkage management and reduction, audit compliance and people management
- Contributes to future development at strategic and operational level
- Plans, identifies, communicates and delegates key responsibilities and practices to the store management team to ensure smooth flow of retail operations
- Increase sales to maximize profitability while reducing costs through well managed operational controls
- Drive sales and retail improvements through analysis and support.
- Propose measures to improve operational performance
- Ongoing review of sales results versus targets and budget
- Ensures store operations requirements are fulfilled to include scheduling, assigning employees, follow up on work results
- Maintains store staff by assisting in recruitment, selection, orientation and training.
- Maintains store staff results by coaching, counselling, disciplining, planning, monitoring and appraising job results.
- Protects staff by providing safe and clean environment.
- Commercial communication to all staff.
- Develop the sales staff and support areas to optimize sales and profits.
- Create and develop a coaching culture as well as promoting an environment that promotes diversity.
Lead the store team to deliver a profitable business.
- Ensure staff have a high level of customer awareness and product knowledge.
- Liaise with Training Department to develop and manage the company's sales and product training programmes
- Formulates pricing policies by reviewing merchandise activities, determining additional sales promotion, authorization stock clearance and studying trends.
- Market merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotions, display plans, analysing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios.
- Secures merchandise by implementing security systems and measures.
- Set the highest international merchandise standards
- Liaise with Buying department to ensure range and stock levels are consistent with business requirements.
- Achieve financial objectives by preparing budgets, scheduling expenditure, analysing variances and initiating corrective actions
- Maximise sales and profitability for the company
- Set monthly targets, monthly and annual budgets
- Update forecast results to provide quality retail information
- Identifies current and future requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements
- Protects customers by providing safe and clean environment
- Take account of customers’ needs and shopping habits and competitor activity
- Use a range of internal and external information data to initiate business changes and create a customer focused culture
- Determines marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and departmental sales records.
- Maintains a professional and technical knowledge by attending exhibitions, workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional groups
Qualification and Experience:
An MBA in Operations Management with 15 to 18 years of Experience in Retail sector.