- Act as Process team lead (Lead Process Engineer) for feasibility and concept study, pre-FEED, FEED, basic engineering and tender design for the assigned projects.
- Act as process team lead on the detailed engineering project for the assigned projects.
- ITT document review, Prepare TQs, Technical inputs and man-hour estimates for proposals.
- Preparation/review of technical queries, and active participation in the stage of data gathering from Clients.
- Ensure all Process engineering deliverables are prepared and issued in adherence with project schedule, tender requirements, fit for purpose and quality and complete the project within the budgeted hours.
- Proactively analyse and identify the design/ contractual issues, schedule impacts, design variation with tender documentation, long delivery items etc. and inform project manager/team.
- Thorough design and implementation knowledge of various process and state of the art technologies based on techno-commercial evaluation.
- Conceptual development of project scope. Development of initial design calculations and preparation of conceptual diagrams.
- Selection and implementation of correct design concepts and
fundamental technology used for new projects and designs and/or improvements for existing designs.
- Prepare/Review of process simulations to model plant behaviour and operating conditions to optimize process design and equipment sizing/rating.
- Prepare/Review process BFDs, PFDs and P&IDs based on inlet process conditions, process-control requirements, heat integration, plant environment/resources, and client-driven outlet specifications and desired products.
- Prepare/Review documentation such as Design Basis, Philosophies, Specifications, Reports, Scope of Works, Method of Statements, Data Sheets, Material Requisitions, Calculations, Schedules, Lists, Cause and Effects, etc.
- Specifiy, sizing, and provides process data for equipment such as pressure vessels, heat exchangers, process towers, aerial coolers, pumps, fired heaters, filters and compressors, etc.
- Prepare/Review relief valve sizing, flare system design and hydraulic performance analysis for the relief systems.
- Provide process input and review of engineering documents such as Control System Architecture, Instrument Data Sheets, Piping Material Class, Mechanical Data Sheets, Piping and Pipeline Data Sheets, General Arrangements and Plot Plans with the clear understanding of project scope, design and constructability issues.
- Prepare/Review hydraulic simulations and analysis of piping, pipeline systems for different operation cases.
- Carryout sizing calculations for process equipment, instruments and utility consumption, as applicable.
- Prepare project presentations.
- Active participation and involvement in plant process hazard analysis (PHA).
- Actively participate in workshops such as Design Review, HAZID, HAZOP, SIL, Constructability Reviews and provide close out to process related actions.
- Ensure that correct input data, codes and standards are used and adhered to.
- Carry out site visit to client facilities as required. Site survey and data collection, system adequacy checks.
- Coordination of the preparation, quality control, internal quality
procedures, approval, issue and (where applicable) client approval of Process engineering documents and drawings.
- Ensure all Process deliverables are being issued fully aligned with all other disciplines like instrumentation, piping, mechanical, electrical, civil and structural.
- Ensure the complete and thorough review of all other discipline
documents during the interdisciplinary check review, and ensure the changes within the Process discipline are managed and communicated to the other discipline in cases they are affected.
- Ensure the Designers are familiarized with the scope of the project in order to prepare all drawings and detail in full compliance with the project requirements.
- Liaise with Designers, Inputs for 3D Model in the preparation of drawings and details.
- Direct & supervise a team of Process engineers to perform and/or performs regular and timely technical reviews and approval of Process engineering and design deliverables developed by engineering consultants / contractors, ensuring design quality in compliance with relevant codes, standards, and best practices.
- Coordinate, monitor and handle Process design and engineering with EPC contractor as per project expectation and complete the same within the time frame.
- Work with other discipline engineers within PMC, EPC contractor, Vendors, and Client / Operation / Site Interface to resolve technical issues and ensure quality Process engineering execution and integrity etc.
- Contribute input and expertise in the development and analysis of various design options and business models to design optimization and validation.
- Proactively maintain Client plan and schedule ensuring timely turnaround of EPC engineering consultants / contractors contractor comments.
- Client representation on and off site as appropriate.
- Carry out Technical Evaluation of Bids, Issue Bid Technical Clarifications, Technical Evaluation Reports and Recommendations.
- Attend FAT/SAT and undertake business trips and site.
- Provide on-site engineering support and consultation during construction, pre-commissioning & commissioning stage. Witness and sign off construction activities as completed, pre-commissioning and commissioning of the new systems.
- Change Management, Variation inputs, Identifies and lodge scope/design change for approval.
- Manages internal interfaces with Project Managers and Project
- Engineering Managers for the assigned projects.
- Provide technical guidance, job training to discipline engineers / junior engineers to ensure schedule adherence and quality of engineering documents.
- Attend meeting with Clients, Third Parties etc.
- Attend all the Company-organised training courses when invited.
- Awareness of Company’s QHSE Policy and Integrated Management System. Be aware of and obey the Company QHSE rules and perform the activities required by relevant procedures on these issues.
- Strong technical knowledge in the relevant discipline.
- Strong design and analytical skills with problem solving ability.
- Good verbal and written communication, report writing and presentation skills.
- Hands-On experience in process simulation tools (HYSYS, UNISIM,
PROMAX), hydraulic simulations (Pipeline Studio, Pipenet, SPS, OLGA), Familiar with Aveva IED Tools (Engineering, Diagrams), Smart Plant (PID)
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively when managing multiple tasks.
Must be self-motivated, results oriented, and be flexible to work well under tight schedules in a fast paced multi-disciplinary team environment
- Familiar with International codes and standards, Company standards.
Minimum of 15 years of professional experience in design of industrial
Experience in feasibility studies, conceptual design pre-FEED and FEED
design in power generation, water treatment, natural gas and/or crude oil
processing plant as a lead engineer.
Must have a minimum of 8 years of experience in Off-shore Oil & Gas projects.
Minimum 2 years working experience as a lead engineer.
Academic Education to BS or equivalent level minimum in Chemical
Engineering from accredited University. A postgraduate degree will be an