A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company striving to connect and simplify its customers’ supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 76,000 people. Our purpose is to improve life for all by integrating the world. We believe in an integrated world, one planet; connected all the way.
Maersk is undergoing unprecedented transformation and growth, rethinking the way we engage with customers and partners, and how the world’s trade flows across our global network. We are offering you a unique opportunity to help shape that journey and the future of our organization. At Maersk, your expertise can be used to do amazing things like reducing global food waste, making trade fairer and improving communities and lives overall. Taking leadership in decarbonizing logistics, we aspire to go carbon neutral (net zero) by 2040. This is your chance to be a part of initiatives that can shape a better future for everyone. Join us, and let’s make these issues a priority.
This position will be responsible for process execution, timely and accurate delivery of corporate income tax, withholding tax, freight tax and tax reporting compliances for APMM entities in India. Successful candidate shall work with business controllers, external service providers, auditors and other professionals in carrying out his/her responsibilities.
- Preparing, reviewing and approving Corporate Income Tax, Freight Tax and Withholding Tax Returns.
- Preparation, review and analysis of data required for tax returns, tax payments, group/ local GAAP tax reporting/ disclosures.
- Maintenance of evidence to support tax filing positions.
- Advance Tax calculations.
- Preparation of group and local GAAP tax provisions, disclosures and tax rate reconciliations.
- Own and operate Corporate Tax controls.
- Analysis, research and support in interpreting tax laws, tax planning, forecasting and deciding tax filing positions.
- Support tax law changes from compliance, process and systems perspective.
- Support on tax related aspects of acquisitions, divestments, mergers, restructuring, etc.
- Tax audit support and risk management:
- Tax Risk Management (TRM) process support.
- Collating and reviewing data/ information required for open tax audits and/or notices.
- Support on drafting responses to notices/ queries from tax authorities and/or auditors.
- Designing and preparing audit ready packs with each return.
- Initiating/ leading/ supporting:
- Process designing, standardization, automation, efficiencies and improvement initiatives.
- Data quality improvement projects/ initiatives.
- IT system implementations and/or changes.
- Other tax related projects.
- Effective, pro-active communication with external and internal stakeholders as necessary, including third-party advisors and owners of upstream processes such as ATR (Accounting), Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Local Statutory Reporting and Group Reporting.
Qualification/ Experience/ Skills required:
- Semi-Qualified Chartered Accountant.
- 4 to 5 years of post-qualification experience in the following fields:
- India direct tax compliance.
- India direct tax controversy support.
- IFRS and Local GAAP tax reporting and disclosures.
- Process management and improvement.
- The aforesaid experience should be in the following types of organizations, in order of preference:
- Shared services or centres of excellence of large MNCs.
- Large MNCs/ Indian companies.
- A combination of big 4 advisory firms with one or more of the above.
- Knowledge about financial, accounting and tax systems, processes and controls.
- Experience of working with ERP systems (ideally SAP) preferred.
- Awareness of or experience with tax compliance & reporting software/ tools.
- Willingness to learn new applications and explore smarter ways of working.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with different levels of stakeholder, both internal and external.
- Detail orientated, proven commitment to high quality delivery and continuous improvement.
- Flexible, able to work to deadlines and to prioritise effectively.
- Team player, with experience of working in a multi-process environment.