In pursuit of this goal, we are looking for a Software Engineer to join our technical team as we move from being a tech-enabled service to a tech product company. We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic people who love solving complex business problems and providing excellent technical solutions. If you are passionate about joining a mission-driven, education technology company and creating the future of EdTech, then this role is for you!
Problems you’ll get to solve include:
• Engineer virtual delivery solutions that enable Elevate live instructors to deliver the most personalized, interactive, and engaging instruction to K-12 students across schools in the United States today, and globally tomorrow, enabling them to learn effectively and prepare for the future.
• Build unique solutions to allow teachers to teach from anywhere, on their own terms, and to rediscover their love for teaching.
• Develop solutions that enable schools and districts to bring interactive live platforms in a seamless manner into their educational systems, giving them the ability to not only solve the teacher shortage crisis, but also offer unique learning opportunities for their students.
• Construct analytics and AI solutions to tailor content, curriculum, and teaching approaches based on large-scale education delivery models.
● Lead User Stories and guide senior/software engineers in the development process ● Understand architecture principles, design patterns and implement them from architecture artifacts.
● Provide effort estimation of assigned work and be able to complete as per the estimations and timelines
● Work and align with Technology Lead for everyday work to achieve set goals. ● Write clean, maintainable, and efficient code
● Collaborate with cross-functional teams to analyse requirements, design solutions, and implement new features
● Develop and implement unit tests and integration tests to ensure software quality ● Troubleshoot and debug applications
● Ability to resolve performance issues
● Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to peers
● Mentor software engineers and help them grow their technical skills
What you will need:
● B.E/B.Tech/master’s in computer science (or equivalent) fromTier-1 college or university (IITs/RECs/BITS/PESIT/RV)
● 6 - 9 years of experience
● Understanding of MS Technologies: NET CORE 7+, ASP.NET MVC
● Understanding of Frontend Technologies: Angular 14+
● Understanding of Backend Technologies: MSSQL 2016+ / AWS Dynamo.
● Understanding of Cloud: Azure/AWS.
● Knowledge of Jitsi and Ubuntu is desirable
● Understanding of GOF Design patterns and Microservices Architecture.
● Strong leadership and mentorship skills
● Strong understanding of object-oriented programming, data structures, and algorithms ● Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
● General understanding of Agile software development methodologies
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.