Working Hours ：
Date of compile:
January 1, 2024
. Fluent in spoken and written English
. Strong self-starter and critical thinker
· Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in International business, Supply Chain, Engineering, or related fields. Background in castings is critical.
Experience in quality assurance, inspection, product development is a plus
· Minimum of five years’ experience preferably working with western company
· Must be able to travel extensively to all areas of India
individually find solutions to different purchasing situations (you will prepare demands, negotiate prices, ensure production and cooperation)
locate new suppliers throughout India
develop and maintain relationships with suppliers current and new
negotiate prices and business conditions
work in cooperation with all departments to ensure cost and delivery
6. work extensively with U.S. headquarters
7. Assist supervisor to lead and delegate tasks to purchasing team
Job Descriptions& Responsibilities
Assist the Chief Supply Chain Officer in establishing and developing an India supply chain
Manage RFQs, Review RFQ list, check and coordinate the RFQ work.
Follow up quotes from vendors; help on special/difficult projects; Review quotes against drawings & history quotes of each vendors; negotiate on pricing; verify the unclear points;
Monitor price change and all kinds of commercial discussions;
Any other tasks or duties given by NEP.
• Knowledge of appropriate commercial models and approaches to achieve best in class deals (i.e., vendor selection, outsource versus join venture, yield, capacity review).
• Sound knowledge of financial evaluation tools, including business case preparation, case presentation to highest levels of company
• Excellent contract negotiation skills.
• In-depth experience and a successful track record in commercial negotiations are preferred.
• Detailed commercial contractual knowledge with the ability to develop innovative sourcing strategies.
• Contacts and expertise of the marketplace.
• Exceptional negotiation skills within a matrixed environment with experience negotiating major contracts.
• Proven record of exceptional customer satisfaction, troubleshooting and resolution.
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
• Proven ability to handle stressful situations and deadline pressures.
• Strong and effective decision-making skills necessary to manage complex operations.
• Clear track record of inspired leadership and high achievement.
Job duties (* denotes an “essential function”)
Business Development and Business Planning
• Acquire strategic level understanding of how VM supports the objectives of driving down process and production costs while enhancing savings.
• Take relevant products and services to market (utilizing all relevant procurement tools; i.e. e-auction, etc.) to negotiate contracts (price and service) with relevant approved vendors.
• Support the management of the transfer of production of products and services from incumbent suppliers to new vendors when and where appropriate.
• Develop future sourcing strategy that mirrors future business objectives (new from existing business).
• Successfully implement new vendor contracts/services. Troubleshoot daily and on-going issues between vendors, suppliers, and client ensuring client service excellence. Ensure compliance with all vendor and supplier contracts.
• Develop and manage on-going vendor/supplier management processes ensuring vendor/supplier product quality and competitive cost values.
• Provide input in vendor contract negotiations as required.
• Ensure an outward focus on the supply base, proactively investigating supply market tracking.
• Receptive to change and innovation.
• Oversee the application and compliance of sourcing.
• Set and implement operational standards, ensuring appropriate uniformity.