- University degree or above required with major in engineering.
- Foundry or manufacturing major would be a plus.
- Quality Certification
- Follow direction, procedure, instruction honestly and clearly report the true situation.
- Must be fluent in oral and written Indian and English.
- Must be able to travel frequently (around 80%).
- Must have at least 10 years of experience in quality inspections.
- Material verification: can review spectrometer, tensile test, hardness test and microstructure reports.
- Reviewing NDT practice: MT UT and RT film.
- Dimensional Inspections: can use Micrometer, calipers, bore gage, can read CMM report
- Familiarity with ASME Y14.5M. Understand comprehensive gage design and gage calibration. GD&T experience is a major benefit
- Must have at least 10 years of experience in a Quality Assurance role
- ISO and IATF plant auditing experience
- Plant audit preparation for ISO and IATF audits
- Quality system gap improvements
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in managing a team.
- Must have basic knowledge of casting, forging, machining and coating processes.
- Must have good knowledge of Microsoft Office and be able to make organized reports and presentations.
- Strong personality to push inspectors to conform to work procedures and achieve work targets.
- Organized and capable of using Excel to track and report worker performance.
- Strong communication skills can markup photo or make simple illustration to clarify the report.
- Able to take instructions well and implement technology procedures.
- Lead, direct, and report the daily work of quality inspectors at various locations around India.
- Report directly to Quality Director located in the US.
- Achieve all goals set forth by Quality Director located in the US.
- Draft and submit production inspection instructions. Review and submit production inspection reports filled by the inspectors.
- Daily monitoring of inspector’s performance.
- Continuously educate and improve India inspection team.
- Maintain budget targets.
- Achieve performance metric goals.
- Minimization elimination of quality claims and complaints.
- Follows procedure bring up quality docs to quality manger and SQE for archive.
- Implementation of new technology processes and procedures as directed.
- Assist in resolution of quality claims and process improvements at factories.
- Assist in quality certification of vendors.
- Maintain inspection team morale.
- Conduct internal system and individual audits
- Conduct plant quality system audits
- Prepare plants for ISO and IATF audits