1. Plans, organizes, and directs all phases of the water treatment process, including disinfection, coagulation, sedimentation, and filtration.
2. Directs and supervises the work of personnel involved in maintaining and repairing water treatment equipment and testing water samples; instructs and trains personnel in correct methods and procedures; establishes work priorities; monitors work in progress; ensures workers follow safe practices and departmental policies and procedures; evaluates and reviews employee performance.
3. Inspects the operation of the water treatment plant to ensure compliance with standards and proper operation; approves adjustments in treatment; ensures wells, tank sites, pump sites, dams, and pump stations are properly maintained; ensures proper use of chemicals; ensures chemical dosage is in compliance with state guidelines.
4. Prepares, submits, and maintains accurate reports and records on plant operations; prepares and submits orders for chemicals and supplies; prepares and maintains accurate records on chemical usage, plant pumping, and other purification activities.
5. Performs other related duties as assigned....