Role: Expert Construction Project Manager
Randstad- Payroll (On Year contract and extendable)
- This role will provide overall management direction for a project or group of projects and will perform additional duties that include procuring equipment and subcontracts, monitoring and accurately projecting job costs, maintaining billing and schedules and providing technical support and leadership to the field.
- Support in Design and execution of HVAC, fire protection, General utilities, process utilities, ETP, STP, production making and packing equipment.
- Additional responsibilities include providing production oversight with the projects Superintendent on the day-to-day activities of assigned projects. The Project Manager will also develop and maintain long term customer relationships to foster better communications and develop future work
- Ultimately responsible for quality projects being built on time and within budget
- Reviews project estimates and verifies accuracy of entry into job cost system as well as accuracy of initial estimate
- Conducts pre-job and continuing planning meetings to ensure all project team members understand contract terms and conditions, clauses, schedules or any unusual requirements of the project
- Documents planning meeting results and ensures all action items are completed. Develops and keeps current all project schedules
- Monitors personnel manning schedules to ensure they match project schedules
- Establishes and executes subcontract and equipment buy-outs to support schedules and funding
- Visits job sites or onsite offices daily. Performs work inspections, checks job progress, and resolves project and contract issues
- Investigates potentially serious job issues and implements corrective measures
- Stays on top of all scope changes to ensure they are processed and incorporated into the current scope of work in a timely manner
- Provides material take-off, estimate and pricing for changes to work scope
- Conducts and attends job meetings according to customer and company guidelines and schedules
- BTech/MTech in Mechanical engineering with 15-20 years of experience, lesser experience will be considered if the candidate is really outstanding.
- Masters degree in project management will be added advantage
- All certifications related to mechanical construction like welding inspection, process piping, mechanical construction etc.
- Negotiating experience in construction change orders and project presentations is required
- Ability to solve complex, multi-faceted problems using various problem-solving techniques
- Good written and oral communications skills and polished presentation skills
- Ability to interpret contractual documents, plans, specifications, schematic diagrams and isometric drawings
- Understanding of financial models used in fixed price, cost plus and unit rate/price contracting
- Ability to be on the job site daily to check progress, inspect work and conduct meetings to resolve issue
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with construction/ project management software
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- A team player with leadership abilities
- PMP or equivalent certification will be an advantage