KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand the Company painting standards to the brink and imbibe them in the day to day routine for painted parts.
- Take custody of already developed parts from supplier quality colleagues -Typically fabrications and ensure that they are developed with the necessary painting standard and the quality requirement as desired by the Company.
- Expose the painted parts to rugged testing process.
- Declare the results locally as well as globally for parameters such as gloss & Salt spray test results.
- Evaluate supplier paint shops and bring them at par with global requirements.
- Educate suppliers on the necessary factory standards and the defect finding mechanism.
- Train painters and maintain track record.
- Responsible for machine finish processes inside the factory.
- Diploma OR bachelor’s degree in paint engineering. Exposure to different manufacturing processes specific to surface treatment is an advantage.
- 10 years of experience in the paint industry.
- Ability to work in a global team.
- Work experience with SAP (SAP-B1 is preferred with upgradation to HANA-S4)
- Experience in quality function and/or with quality methods (e.g., PPAP, 8D)
- Fluency in English language-Verbal & Written is critical.
- Candidate should have sufficient knowledge about various quality instruments, various suppliers, and upcoming technologies in the painting industry.
- Should be ready to interact with all facets of external people including down the line operators, painters, finishers etc.